We are representing an exciting opportunity for an experienced tax professional to step up in a top leadership position at this global firm's San Jose practice.
We are seeking a natural leader and good communicator, and someone who is seeking the path to Partner.
The role is a key hire where, as the Tax Managing Director, you will be responsible for applying industry specific knowledge to advice clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues.
You will also be charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing, communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies. In addition, your role will see you be a critical member of the office / region leadership team and thus will be involved in the direct supervision as either a final or secondary reviewer under the partner.
Finally, you will actively participate in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization while maintaining client relationships and acting as the primary contact for complex questions.
Why this Firm?
As opposed to typically large firms or Big 4 firms where your impact may sometimes be compromised, you’ll work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, helping to drive this firm’s already rapid growth as they continue to add clients and open new offices across the country. And as a member of the world’s fifth largest accounting and consulting organization, you’ll deliver the accounting industry’s highest level of service to a dynamic and wide-ranging client-base, across virtually all industries.
You, individually, will grow as well. You’ll work in a supportive office, with smaller client service teams and an excellent partner-to-staff ratio. And you’ll benefit from a culture that places a high priority on mentorship, professional development, and work-life flexibility. They are proven to be dedicated to their people, and to helping them succeed both personally and professionally, as they advance throughout their careers.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of prior tax accounting experience gained from a reputable public accounting firm
- Industry expertise in one or more tax specialty
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA certification preferred
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation packages are highly competitive, and include excellent benefits: medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, wellness, pretax transportation, 401k matching, and a wide range of employee discounts (travel, cell phone, computers, and more) and referral bonuses.
Compensation may also include merit increases as well as opportunities for year-end and discretionary bonuses that acknowledge exemplary performance, contributions, and excellence in their core competencies.
They also provide generous and flexible paid time off programs, granting paid leave for a variety of reasons, including vacation, illness, and parental leave. The firm also grants professionals personal leaves of absence for both medical or general reasons, such as world travel or the pursuit of higher education.
Job Type: Full-time