For 60 years, our client has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals, families, privately-held businesses and non-profit organizations. Their clients include prominent business, community and philanthropic leaders, as well as high-net-worth multi-generational families and successful entrepreneurs.
- San Francisco Business Times ’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal ’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting ’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- INSIDE Public Accounting ’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 12 years and counting
- INSIDE Public Accounting ’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years and counting
- Accounting Today ’s “Top 100 Firm” for 9 years and counting
Responsibilities and Duties
The Family Office group provides accounting and consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and family clients. The services provided range from partnership accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and bill payment to advising on complex intergenerational wealth strategies.
The firm seeks to recruit a senior Family Office executive who will join the firm in the role of a Family Office Director .
The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience as a relationship developer and trusted advisor to Family Office clients, with a deep understanding of Family Office services, best practices and a history of success at leading and managing others.
This position reports to the Managing Directors and Partner of the Family Office and will lead and manage a variety of Family Office client teams. The Director role will partner with the Managing Directors and Partner to facilitate the department’s growth strategy, including helping to develop and lead initiatives that will continue the firm’s preeminent and unique offerings for high net worth clientele.
Additionally, the Director must have proven experience in managing multiple team members, across multiple teams and locations; and the ability to train, motivate, and mentor staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- 10 plus years accounting experience
- 6 plus years of professional services experience
- 8 plus years managing, leading, training, and motivating multiple staff
- Strong background with fund, management company, and partnership accounting
- Experience with fair value calculations among funds and between classes with different preference rights
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals
- Tax experience/exposure preferred
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Our client offers a wide array of employee benefits and programs to support you in your career and your personal and family life. They continually solicit feedback from employees and use their comments to improve their already outstanding benefits.
The firm provides progressive and generous salaries and comprehensive benefits – among the best in the accounting field. They also provide annual reviews and opportunities for advancement and performance-based bonuses.
Vacation and Holiday Time
The firm believe in the importance of taking time off to refresh and recharge. They offer a generous personal time off / vacation plan, and also observe a wide number of federal and state holidays.
The company boasts generous healthcare benefits and, in many cases, contributes a major portion of the cost. Many options are available:
- Long- and short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance program for confidential counseling and advice
Planning for the Future
As accounting professionals, they know how important it is to plan for the future. The firm makes it easy with a 401(k) plan that includes employer matching and annual company-wide forums where fund representatives give you the latest tips on how to assess your investment’s status.