About the Team:
The Audit team provides traditional attestation services as well as accounting and consulting on applying accounting principles. Audit professionals demonstrate deep specialization through an understanding of the market and business challenges their clients face and a commitment to audit quality. Though this firm has six different business units, Audit is their largest practice. As for the Financial Services practice, they are ranked #1 nationally for the number of audits for publicly traded financial institutions, according to SNL data.
Our client's New York City and Livingston, NJ offices are growing and are looking for future leaders, which means Partner career path foryou . Are you up for the challenge?
As an Audit Manager on their fun, close-knit audit team, this is what your work entails:
- Your primary focus will be on commercial services clients.
- Running the show. We are talking about client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement, and related administrative functions.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Maintaining an exceptional relationship with clients to increase customer happiness and working with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services. You are a key factor to growing the firm.
- They promote partnership and collaboration, so you will work with your audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process. They encourage you to be creative and become an expert so that you can make a difference at the firm.
- Researching and analyzing financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employing audit software to review and compile financial information.
- 3 to 5 years of recent public accounting external audit experience.
- We are seeking commercial services audit experience for this position.
- Your skills should include organization, social, technical, and accounting and auditing so that you can work effectively with clients and staff. This will help you succeed as well as build positive relationships.
- We would like you to have experience with engagement management, reviews, and staff supervision.
- You will need to be able to multi-task since planning, executing, and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently.
- Your ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
- This position requires you to meet the education requirement for CPA certification in New York or New Jersey. If you already have a CPA license in these states, that is even better.
This firm offers a total compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, bonus structure, and a variety of attractive benefits and perks. This can be discussed in more detail for suitable candidates.