Are you a CPA working as part a Big 4's Assurance/Audit practice looking to leave public accounting for a challenge in a private company?
Consortium International has partnered with a well-known global technology and software company which specializes in big data analysis.
The company is passionate about building software that solves problems. They partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology.
Their software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
At their headquarters in Palo Alto and at offices around the world they’ve assembled a team that combines practical expertise in distributed systems infrastructure, big data processing, user experience design, and data science.
Come be part of a world-changing company!
If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to apply.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst - you will work with members of the business and the finance teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to drive process improvement projects to completion.
You will be responsible for reconciling accounts, determining accounting treatment of unique transactions and recording related journal entries.
As a key member of their team you will be encouraged and empowered to challenge the status quo and to identify and improve suboptimal processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own certain general ledger accounts and their related processes from beginning to end.
- Help implement, design, and improve processes for assigned workflows.
- Research and interpret relevant accounting guidance.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures.
- Interface with external accountants during audits.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity of financial data.
- Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field
- 2-4 years of working experience within a large public accounting firm (Big 4 firm preferred), industry experience a plus
- CPA license preferred
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and U.S. GAAP
- Highly analytical and strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work products
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Taking initiative and ownership of outcomes
- Curiosity, passion and a continuous desire to learn
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Apply for this exciting opportunity now for consideration.